Current:Home > MyArmie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Settle Divorce 3 Years After Breakup -FutureFinance
Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Settle Divorce 3 Years After Breakup
TradeEdge Exchange View
Date:2025-04-07 03:11:42
Content warning: This story discusses sexual assault and rape allegations.
Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers' divorce proceedings are coming to an end.
The Social Network star and the BIRD Bakery founder reached an uncontested settlement in their legal separation, according to court documents obtained by E! News June 6.
In a declaration signed by Hammer, the 36-year-old confirmed that he and Chambers, 40, have "entered into a written agreement regarding their property and their marriage or domestic partnership rights, including support."
Details on their settlement were not given, though the doc did note that the former couple's custody agreement over daughter Harper, 8, and son Ford, 6, "has not changed since it was last filed with the court."
The divorce will be signed off and finalized by a judge in the near future. E! News has reached out to their lawyers for comment but hasn't heard back.
News of the settlement comes nearly three years after Hammer and Chambers announced their breakup. In July 2020, the pair—who had been married for 10 years at the time—shared in a joint statement, "It has been an incredible journey, but together, we've decided to turn the page and move on from our marriage."
They added, "As we enter into this next chapter, our children and relationship as co-parents and dear friends will remain our priority."
In the months following the split, Hammer faced accusations of sexual misconduct, including an allegation that he had raped a woman in 2017. The actor adamantly denied the claims, with his attorney telling E! News in a March 2021 statement that Hammer maintains any sexual activity he engaged in had been "completely consensual, discussed and agreed upon in advance, and mutually participatory."
The allegations were explored in the 2022 docuseries House of Hammer.
"I did not plan on seeing it, but I did drop the kids off at school one day and came home and watched it with my support system around me," Chambers told E! News in September, shortly after the docuseries aired. "It was obviously heartbreaking on so many levels and very painful. But at the same time, it exists."
She added, "The past is the past and all we can do is take this as a moment to learn and listen, and hopefully process and heal in every capacity."
Last month, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office opted not to charge Hammer with sexual assault or any crime following an investigation into the alleged rape. Citing "insufficient evidence," Tiffiny Blacknell, the Director of the Bureau of Communications for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, told E! News in May 31 statement, "Due to the complexity of the relationship and inability to prove a non-consensual forcible sexual encounter we are unable to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt."
Hammer responded to the DA's decision with a statement of his own, saying that he was "grateful" the investigation had come to an end. He wrote on Instagram, "I look forward to beginning what will be a long, difficult process of putting my life back together now that my name is cleared."
For free, confidential help, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673 or visit rainn.org.veryGood! (678)
Related
- Most popular books of the week: See what topped USA TODAY's bestselling books list
- Chris Evans and Wife Alba Baptista Make Marvelous Appearance at Star-Studded Holiday Party
- Czech Republic holds a national day of mourning for the victims of its worst mass killing
- Deion Sanders, Colorado football land No. 1 offensive lineman Jordan Seaton after all
- The city of Chicago is ordered to pay nearly $80M for a police chase that killed a 10
- Iran Summons Russian envoy over statement on Persian Gulf disputed islands
- ‘Pray for us’: Eyewitnesses reveal first clues about a missing boat with up to 200 Rohingya refugees
- Angel Carter Mourns Death of Sister Bobbie Jean Carter in Moving Message
- Costco membership growth 'robust,' even amid fee increase: What to know about earnings release
- Founding Dixie Chicks member Laura Lynch killed in car crash in Texas
Ranking
- Paula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co
- Trump says he looks forward to debating Biden
- Look Back at the Most Jaw-Dropping Fashion Moments of 2023
- Bowl game schedule today: Everything to know about the seven college bowl games on Dec. 23
- Paige Bueckers vs. Hannah Hidalgo highlights women's basketball games to watch
- We're Staging a Meet-Cute Between You and These 15 Secrets About The Holiday
- Cuban government defends plans to either cut rations or increase prices
- Patrick Mahomes says Chiefs joked with Travis Kelce, but Taylor Swift is now 'part of the team'
Recommendation
Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie return for an 'Encore,' reminisce about 'The Simple Life'
Josh Allen accounts for 3 touchdowns as Bills escape with 24-22 victory over Chargers
Israeli strike kills 76 members in one Gaza family, rescue officials say as combat expands in south
2 young boys killed in crash after their father flees Wisconsin deputies, officials say
Federal court filings allege official committed perjury in lawsuit tied to Louisiana grain terminal
Peacock's Bills vs. Chargers game on Saturday will have no fourth-quarter ads
Decaying Pillsbury mill in Illinois that once churned flour into opportunity is now getting new life
A Detroit man turned to strangers to bring Christmas joy to a neighbor reeling from tragedy